
Sending our lanterns off. . .
We enjoyed some traditional Japanese music (this is for you, Dad--you're probably the only one who will appreciate it like I did!). I thought it was so cool! We also heard some Japanese monk chants and other traditional instruments. This was an amazing experience to share with our children, even though they may not have understood much.
***
I LOVE having a bike! We biked a lot this summer, especially when I wanted an excuse to cross-train (i.e. get out of running). I took the boys by myself a couple of times. This time was on a rural trail in Snohomish. We stopped to have lunch along the trail. It was so gorgeous!
We had a lot of rain this August, which was so depressing! Summer here is short enough as it is! But we couldn't stay inside and waste at least the warmth. Instead, we headed to the Woodland Park Zoo with Carly, Cole, & Sam. It was almost empty, which made it so easy to get close to all the animals. 

The jaguar, James' favorite animal (or so he told his swimming teacher).
We loved watching the gorillas! Notice how like a human this gorilla mother is watching her toddler on a "playground."
***
This is just a random video showcasing the boys' complete goofiness. This is their favorite song.
***
This last trip to Jetty Island was different from any other time we've been. We decided to go in the evening for a BBQ on the beach! Christian ended up being stuck at a conference, but the Myrups took pity on us and let me catch a ride with their family. They are so good to us--we love you guys!


The savages of Jetty Island
Addy & JakeGoodbye Jetty Island! Goodbye Summer! Come again soon!





3 comments:
Took pity on you....yeah right!!! It was so fun and mostly because you guys were there!!
Your boys are so handsome! You take great pictures! Your summer looks like it was great fun.
Good for you on taking the boys and biking! I think we have the same trailer (Trek) and I LOVE it. Thought we were being smart to get a double, didn't know we'd have 2 on the way - so much for that plan. Looks like you had SUCH FUN. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment