Sunday, September 28, 2008

catch up continues - here's july 2008

I promised I would continue catching up on my blogging, if only to share the pictures with our families back in Utah. I actually did a pretty good job with July, but here's what I missed. . .

The first weekend in July brought the blessing of baby Sam, one of the newest Ortho babies. Afterward we enjoyed a lovely lunch in Hunt's Point. We love a party at the Daines' place!

Jess, Mandy, Randi, Mary, Carly, & Sam

Christian, Aaron, & Brian

This could be a Ralph Lauren advertisement if it wasn't for the pants. Seriously, what's up with the pants, James?

Oh yeah, that's what's up with the pants. You can't go down to the lake in the Daines' backyard without taking a dip!

Mr. No Pants Magoo


The handsomest goofballs who ever lived!

Another fun attraction just north of the Seattle area is the Kangaroo Farm. What a farm of kangaroos, lemurs, wallabies, wallaroos, and ostriches is doing in Western Washington is beyond me. But we thought we might as well visit them as not. It was a good excuse to hang out with the Clarks and the Myrups. And the kids went nuts over all the animals!
James and a wallaby.

Addy feeding a wallaby.


Ha! This wallaby's name was Boomer!

Addy was not at all afraid of the animals (like James), even though he looks hesitant with this kangaroo, whose name was Cheryl Tiegs.

Part of our motley crew (where are Jake and Logan?).


Visiting Jetty Island is one of our favorite summer pastimes! This was our first trip of three this summer. You take a 30-second ferry ride to a sand bar in Puget Sound where the water is extremely shallow and warm for quite a ways out. The kids can run out as far as they like without too much worry. It is the best sand in the region, too. We love Jetty Island!



Addy did NOT like being covered in sand and wanted me to "get it off!"


There now, don't you feel better that you've been caught up on our July?

4 comments:

Mindi B said...

Wow! That was a lot of fun to see! You are a power house poster! I love it! Cute family!!!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Love the picture of your boy in just his sweater. Too Cute! YOur boys could be models for Gap or Old Navy or something like that AND you could be the photographer for them.

Jode said...

I miss, miss, miss you ALL! Love you.

Paige said...

I love those cuties! Mostly , I like that the wallaby's name was boomer!!!