Tuesday, January 29, 2008

haunted snow house

It seems I spoke too soon. This is what we woke up to Monday morning. Last week I was running on the trail and letting the boys play at the park, and now it's winter again. All James wanted to do all day was play in the snow, so that's what we did. I'm talking hours. He was quite thrilled with the snow house we made, although he thought my attempt at a roof was pretty lame (agreed, buddy). We took it off and built a chimney instead. He was pretty disappointed that we couldn't sleep in it. Too bad it was all but melted this morning. It was fun while it lasted!





8 comments:

Heather said...

You are such a cute MOM!! We didn't get that much snow where we live?.... but let me tell ya school was cancelled for a drop of snow on the ground! HELLO I'm from Utah I think I can drive in {less} than an inch of snow!!! :)lol
Hope your doing good! Talk to you soon~

Heather said...

p.s. the haunted snow house was too cute!

Ereka said...

That is a sweet haunted house! I remember Cree built a real igloo in out backyard one winter- what a nerd. Of course T kept calling from Hawaii, its T! Miss and love you guys!

Ereka said...

Hello... I'm leaving you a comment.

Jordan!

Danielle said...

finally got your blog right on my link list. I don't know what my problem was. I guess I don't know how to spell. Anyway, playing in the snow is fun but we sure are getting sick of it right now...way too much here in UT.

Mindy said...

Wow! Quite impressive (the snow and the fort)! The galoshes are adorable. You should be warned he will remember it as torture when he is older. Stories of what my mom made us wear in the snow are still resurfacing!!!

NatRat said...

I love that you brought a blanket out, what a fun mom. I would have been worried about the blanket getting ruined. It is nice that it has all melted, I think ours is sticking around until JUNE!

Emily Call said...

Hey Mandy,

Do you even remember me? I worked with you at SU. It is totally random how I found your blog... I was blog surfing and I don't even remember how I found it, but I was so excited! Anyway, your family is adorable. I have a blog too. You can email me at call_emily@yahoo.com and I will send you and invite.

I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. -Emily