You'll never believe what I did this weekend (I hardly do). I took the kids to the ward campout BY MYSELF. Christian was planning on joining us, but he called me Friday afternoon to tell me he had to work (unexpectedly) on Saturday. By then I was mostly packed up, and the boys were so excited, so I decided to go. A friend and I caravaned (her husband was out of town) and helped each other set up tents, cook dinner, etc. It was a blast. The boys played in the river, roasted marshmallows, nearly fell in the fire (several times), searched for spiders, and of course got very dirty. Cree did join us for a few hours Friday night to help me get the kids to sleep and sit around the campfire with our friends, but he had to be at the hospital at 5:30 the next morning. I was definitely exhausted by the end, but I'm so glad I went. I'm starting to realize through this whole residency experience that if I don't learn do things by myself, I will end up sitting home with the kids doing nothing a lot of the time. So this was a great way to celebrate my newfound independence! P.S. LOVE our ward. Love, love, love.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
tent poles and autonomy
You'll never believe what I did this weekend (I hardly do). I took the kids to the ward campout BY MYSELF. Christian was planning on joining us, but he called me Friday afternoon to tell me he had to work (unexpectedly) on Saturday. By then I was mostly packed up, and the boys were so excited, so I decided to go. A friend and I caravaned (her husband was out of town) and helped each other set up tents, cook dinner, etc. It was a blast. The boys played in the river, roasted marshmallows, nearly fell in the fire (several times), searched for spiders, and of course got very dirty. Cree did join us for a few hours Friday night to help me get the kids to sleep and sit around the campfire with our friends, but he had to be at the hospital at 5:30 the next morning. I was definitely exhausted by the end, but I'm so glad I went. I'm starting to realize through this whole residency experience that if I don't learn do things by myself, I will end up sitting home with the kids doing nothing a lot of the time. So this was a great way to celebrate my newfound independence! P.S. LOVE our ward. Love, love, love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I am so impressed!!! With that attitude you will more than survive residency. I can say this now, there is light at the end of the tunnel. 11 more months to go for us!!! It doesn't mean that he will make it for everything or that it will magically get better but at least they have a little more control.
Post a Comment