Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's flood season in Western Washington again. Luckily we live in pretty good spot--no huge rivers nearby to overflow like these poor people have to deal with. But it has been so wet! Most of the year the rain is just a mist or drizzle, but in November and December we get the deluge. It rains buckets for hours on end. I kinda like it. But I'm glad it's only a few weeks out of the year.

©seattletimes.nwsource.com

Before the storms came, we were able to go apple picking at a local orchard. We must have been a week or two late, because most of the really good varieties were completely picked over (pun intended), but we did get some delicious Jonagolds. And the boys couldn't believe I was letting them pick them themselves. I did have to slow them down a little--I was paying by the pound and they weren't very discriminating. But it was an experience!






Cool! There's a slug on my apple!


Goofball 1.

Goofball 2.


We caught a ride with the Myrups--thanks for including us in your family outing!

No posing for mom today (as per usual).

Me and my boys. No Daddy today (also as per usual)! :(

The gorgeous sunflower field at the orchard.

6 comments:

Cortney Chambers said...

cute pictures! it rained here today too & i loved it, but i'm sure it would get old after weeks---kinda like six months of snow gets really old around here!

Heather said...

miss talking to you.... btw I LOOOOOVE your crafty blog so much. You guys are way to talened for me! :)
lets talk soon maybe before christmas! :)

Jessica said...

Man--why does it feel like that was FOREVER ago?? Cute pics!

Tarina said...

cute pics. I can't believe how long your hair is getting You look darling!

Jode said...

Hey little cuties!!!! I love the apples.

Layne said...

Mandy:

What a wonderful outing for you and your sons. You are the best mom ever. And your children are amazing. You are a very talented photographer.

Layne

p.s. How did I do with my comment? Do you think Jode will make me delete this one?