Thursday, September 6, 2007

maybe it's a dad thing

Christian says my last post was an inappropriate use of this blog because it was not a story about the boys. Here's a bonus quote to make up for it.

Christian: "When you adopt a cavalier attitude toward your possessions they tend to deteriorate more rapidly than they otherwise would. Wouldn't you agree?"

James: "I would agree."

Need a translation? Seriously, sometimes Christian talks to our kids like they're colleagues instead of toddlers. The funny thing is that James goes along with it. So this conversation stemmed from James' pleadings to take his animal magazine along to the pharmacy tonight. We've had several experiences lately where James has taken a toy or book with him and it has been somehow ruined, which we thought we had wisely used as teaching moments regarding the proper care of belongings. But alas, he continues to beg to take things with us to the park, the pool, the pharmacy. Until Christian convinced him tonight through this one sentence. Unbelievable.

5 comments:

Ereka said...

Dar Cree is such a nerd! In fact it would be appropriate to say number one nerd for that matter! Love you guys!!!

Laurie said...

That's so Christian! I love that James just goes along with it.

Paige said...

Now I remember why I cree bugs me so badly. I miss those little guys. Can't wait to see you at the marathon.

Ashley said...

it must be a doctor thing

Layne said...

Per the insightful words of Homer Simpson: "Stupid Doctors".